- Your application has passed Initial Review and you are now invited to complete this Professional Practice and Ethics (PP&E) study manual and related examinations.
- The manual is divided into four sections:
- The Profession
- Case Studies
- Study each section carefully and answer all of the randomly-selected, multiple-choice questions at the end of the section. You may look at the study manual while taking the examination by opening the manual in a second tab within your browser.
- Follow any highlighted links in the manual and review the material before answering the examination questions at the end of each section. Other references to web-based resources are recommended reading but are not required for the examinations.
- You may return to each examination at any time up to submitting the answer to the final question in each examination to change your answers. Note: Submitting the final question closes each examination.
- You may also skip forwards and backwards between the current question and the questions you have already answered - you cannot skip forward beyond the current question.
- You cannot make any changes after you have submitted an examination section.
- If you need to retake the examination, it will be drawn from a new set of random questions.
- Your application will only be presented to the Board of Examiners for consideration for certification after you have passed the PP&E examination.
The associations for Technology Professionals using this site acknowledge assistance and materials provided by the Association for Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (APEGBC) and the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) in the preparation of this manual.